Teknikio Product Designer
Teknikio is a toy company that brings fun and play into learning STEM with invention kits.
They value expanding STEM related knowledge to girls and boys from ages 5 to 18, emphasizing on increasing the number of girls in STEM.
As a part-time Product Designer on the team, I built, designed, made instructions and promotional content for original games and interactive inventions and crafts. I used Teknikio's toolkits and microcontroller, BlueBird, to do this.
Feb - May 2021
BlueBird microcontroller, Arduino/C++, Illustrator, soft + electronic fabrication
Physical prototyping, coding, sketching, social media
Inventions & Crafts
List of Projects
My projects public on Tekniverse
Snapshot of Project Instructions & Content
For each project, I coded either in Arduino or using the Tekniverse coding blocks to have the inventions be interactable
What I did for projects:
1) Brainstorm craft/toy ideas
2) Communicate with Founder of Teknikio on product ideas
3) Create the physical product using Teknikio's invention kits/hardware and other materials such as fabrics, colorful papers
4) Create code for the interactive product using Arduino/C++ or code blocks
5) Create illustrations and step by step instructions on how to recreate the final product
6) Create promotional content for the inventions